Friday, September 16, 2011

Things That I am Realizing

So I have been thinking a lot lately about what I wanted to write about. The first two posts kind of encompassed a lot of what I wanted to say ABOUT me riding my bike, and not a lot has happened since. I have realized there are things that I mull over a lot.

1. I don't miss driving. I can't say that with absolute certainty, but it isn't something that comes up very frequently. Even when I am in the car with someone, I constantly think how much I hated driving, and how nice it is to be able to close my eyes when someone rude and inconsiderate puts my life in danger while I am in a vehicle.


2. The city has very interesting smells. Its something you miss out on a lot while driving. Even with windows rolled down, it turns into just one big smell. Walking or biking long distances you really get the chance to absorb all of the surrounding smells. The Ocean, The Trees, Flowers, and even the smells coming from peoples homes(also gross stuff, but who wants to dwell on that?) are all one big scent of "Nature" when whizzing by at 45 mph.

3. Bike maintenance is just as important as car maintenance. I ignore it the same way I ignored it on my car. I am terrible. Luckily for me though, changing a pedal, or re-oiling the chain wont cost me hundreds, if not THOUSANDS of dollars. It's still something I am going to need to wrap my head around eventually, especially because my bike chain has fallen off twice while riding... Not Fun.

4. Car Insurance sucks. I'm glad that I will be getting ride of my car for good in a little over a month, because my car insurance just went up AGAIN. I wonder what bike insurance is like?

5. Pants fit tighter. Pros and Cons all around on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment